Hello Keys Family,
As we prepare to enter a new year, it is always good to reflect and evaluate the past year. Looking back over the 2017, I am blessed and honored for this illustrious organization to still be around serving Kansas City. 2017 has been a been a year of first for the KC Keys. We have instituted the Danny Williams Scholarship Fund that assist graduating seniors with book scholarships. I was also voted to be the new president, making me the first female president in the program’s history. 2017 was an introduction to the amazing things that are to come in 2018.
Moving into the New Year, here are a few things to look forward to:
1. January 28, 2018-Danny Williams Scholarship Applications are due. Click Link for more information: https://www.kckeys.org/keys-scholars-1/
2. February 15-17, 2018- Kansas City Keys Best Basketball Invitational Tournament will be. Grades K-8 for boys and girls. This will be a tournament to remember. Register at https://www.kckeys.org/tournaments
3. February thru May-Educational Seminars/ Life Skills Trainings- Where we will be connecting local business leaders and mentors with our youth to provide educational seminars and life skills trainings.
4. May-Danny Williams Scholarship Awards Ceremony
5. May and October- Keys Tournaments
If you would like to donate, sponsor, or volunteer for any of these events, please contact me, LaToya Valerio at firstname.lastname@example.org or go online to www.kckeys.org
Hope you all have a blessed and prosperous 2018!
Until next time, keep your head high and your crossover low.